Vacancy : Communication Officer
Job Title: Communication Officer
Job Duration: 1 year contract (renewable)
Reports to: Managing Committee & Advocacy and Coordination Officer
Collectif Arc-En-Ciel (CAEC), a non-profit NGO fighting against homophobia and discrimination based on sexual orientation is looking for a motivated, passionate and dynamic person for its internal and external communication matters. The person is also required to develop and implement strategies for communication and information dissemination at various levels on issues relevant to the needs of CAEC and pertaining to Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Gender Expression and assisting the Programs Team with relevant projects.
1. Coordinate and develop CAEC’s Communications and Media strategy for increased visibility and impact concerning projects, campaigns and events.
2. Promote CAEC profile, knowledge, interventions and products through a range of social and other media forms including online communication.
3. Produce texts and graphics for CAEC’s media advisories, press releases, letters, communication products, op-eds, newsletters, reports, mailers, speeches, newsletters, publications, IEC materials, website and other Communication materials and communicate same to targeted and varied audiences.
4. Develop and implement online prevention and sensitization strategy for HIV/AIDS.
5. Coordinate and supervise press conferences, media briefings and interviews.
6. Provide communication advice and support for projects, and participate as a full member in project teams.
7. Advise the organization on public interest issues, strengthen and grow our stakeholders' base as well as CAEC influence in public discourse.
8. Build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and work to amplify the voices of civil society based on stakeholder needs and engage in fund raising.
9. Contribute to media monitoring, analyse media coverage and identify media opportunities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Outgoing, flexible, and a quick learner. Passionate about human rights and justice.
2. Understanding of rights and social justice pertaining to Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Gender Expression and HIV/AIDS.
3. A bachelor degree in one of the following: Communications, Journalism, English/French language, Media, or similar.
4. 2 years experience in one or the following: Public relations/media, marketing, social/digital media or similar fields.
5. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
6. Excellent English and French writing, editing and proofreading skills. Should know how to communicate in Creole also.
7. Excellent strategy/planning skills for communication and media.
8. Proficient in MS Office and Adobe Suite or equivalent.
9. Strong public speaker with excellent networking skills
10. High level of personal initiative and resourcefulness.
To apply for this position, please submit the following (applications not including all of the below will not be considered) by latest Friday, the 28st February 2013:
1. A one page Cover Letter, detailing experience that is relevant to the position; AND
2. A CV/resume.
To the following address:
Collectif Arc En Ciel
57 avenue de la Fay
Or By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted