Job Title: Coordinator and Advocacy Officer
Job Duration: 1 year contract renewable
Responsible to: Managing Committee
Collectif Arc-En-Ciel (CAEC), a non-profit NGO fighting against homophobia and discrimination based on sexual orientation is looking for a motivated, passionate and dynamic person to coordinate the day- to- day running of the office. The person is also required to develop and implement strategies for advocacy at various levels on issues relevant to the needs of CAEC and pertaining to Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity and assisting the Programs Team with relevant projects.
- Coordinate the day to day running of CAEC by liaising with the internal and external partners of the CAEC.
- Design and implement an advocacy strategy in collaboration with the Board and other staffs, partners and members.
- Liaise with stakeholders, institutions, partners, and prospective partners to advocate for issues related to Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity.
- Assess the performance of other employees of CAEC.
- Represent CAEC to local, national, and international governments as well as other non-governmental organizations as and when required.
- Facilitate partnerships to achieve strategic objectives.
- Apply for new fundraising programs.
- Network and identify new forums for expanding the advocacy strategy.
- Coordinate events related to the advocacy strategy.
- Follow-up on ongoing projects.
- Create & coordinate the CAEC media strategy, including writing articles and conduct seminars/workshops on issues relevant to the Association’s mission.
- Engage diverse audiences in relevant advocacy and give interviews to media as and when required.
- Manage communication with local and international partners.
- Extract & report on CAEC Key Performance Indicators and objectives on a weekly/fortnightly basis
- Organise events and community programs for CAEC.
- Support CAEC team as required in implementing any other programs
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Outgoing, flexible, and a quick learner. Passionate about human rights and justice.
- A first degree in policy making, journalism, human rights, gender, sociology or other relevant field required.
- Knowledge of concerned government structure and relevant laws and acts (related to concerned fields of CAEC).
- Understanding of rights and social justice pertaining to Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity.
- Event coordination and general coordination experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Strong public speaker with excellent networking skills
- High level of personal initiative and resourcefulness.
To apply for this position, please submit the following (applications not including all of the below will not be considered) by latest Friday, the 13th December 2013:
A one page Cover Letter, detailing experience that is relevant to the position.
To the following address:
Collectif Arc En Ciel
57 avenue de la Faye
Or By email: email@example.com
NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted