Job Title: Psychologist
Job Duration: 1 year – part time
Reports to: Coordinator
Starting Date: ASAP
Collectif Arc-En-Ciel (CAEC), a non-profit NGO fight against homophobia and transphobia is looking for a motivated, dynamic and passionate person for its empowerment program.
* Assist the artist or art therapist in the implementation of the Art Therapy program
* Organize monthly Support Groups for beneficiaries and their families
* Accompany the beneficiaries in rebuilding self-identity.
* Develop the empowerment of the beneficiaries
(Brief) Job Description :
* Setting up the activity in collaboration with the beneficiaries, artist and coordinator
* Assist the artist in empowering participants
* Ensure the Follow up of the evolution of the beneficiaries and their work
* Organize support groups for the beneficiaries (1) gay, transgender 2) their relatives)
* Organize a specific theme for each public by a calendar
* Develop strategies to ensure participation of various public
* Ensure the well being and development of beneficiaries during sessions
* Track the progress of participants
* Prepare monthly reports
Individual psychological counseling:
* Ensure psychological support to beneficiaries recommended by the Outreach Coordinator or coordinator
* Assist the developement of the autonomy of participants
* Prepare quartely reports
Any other cognate duties as directed by the Coordinator
Qualifications and Requirements :
● Diploma of psychologist and at least 2 years of work experience in group psychology or vulnerable population or art therapy
● Strong commitment to Humans Rights
● Knowledge of Homosexuality & Transidentity Specificities
● Fluent in French and Creole.
To apply for this position, please submit the following (applications not including all of the below will not be considered) by latest the 8th July 2016 :
1. A one page Cover Letter, detailing experience that is relevant to the position; AND
2. A CV/resume.
To the following address:
Please specify: « Application_EMP_Psy_ your name » in the subject line of your email or on the envelope.
NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted