Job Title: Manager
Job Duration: Permanent
Reports to: Administrative Board
Starting Date: ASAP
Collectif Arc-En-Ciel (CAEC), a non-profit NGO fight against homophobia and discrimination based on sexual orientation is looking for a motivated, passionate and dynamic person to manage the day-to-day running of the office and all of its activities.
Job Description :
- Coordinate the day to day running of CAEC by liaising with the internal and external partners of the CAEC.
- Management of Human Ressources
- Design and implement an advocacy strategy related to Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity in collaboration with the Board and other staffs, partners and members.
- Assess the performance of other employees of CAEC
- Represent CAEC to local, national and international governments as well as other non-governmental organisations as and when required.
- Facilitate partnerships to achieve strategic objectives.
- Apply for new fundraising programs.
- Network and identity new forums for expanding the advocacy strategy.
- Coordinate events related to the advocacy strategy.
- Follow-up on ongoing projects.
- Create and Coordinate the CAEC media strategy, including writing articles and conduct seminars/workshops on issues relevant to the Association’s mission.
- Engage diverse audiences in relevant advocacy and give interviews to media as and when required.
- Manage communication with local and international partners.
- Organise events and community programs for CAEC.
- Support CAEC team as required in implementing any other programs.
- Monitor administrative and financial operations and activities of the CAEC
- Supervise all programs in which the CAEC is engaged
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Self Starter, flexible, persistent and quick learner
- Passionate about Human Rights and Justice.
- Understanding of rights and social justice pertaining to Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Gender Expression
- Ability to synthesize complex and sensitive material, record information accurately and appropriately in the form of minutes, write complex correspondence and internal memos.
- Relevant experience in activism
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English, French, Mauritian Creole)
- Excellent strategy/planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office.
- High level of personal initiative and resourcefulness.
- Keen attention to details with ability to track multiple projects at one time.
- Strong public speaker with excellent networking skills
- Ability to prioritize on-going versus immediate needs appropriately.
- Strong ability to develop contacts and to work under pressure and independently.
- Genuine commitment to CAEC’s missions.
- Degree in policy making, human rights, gender, sociology or other relevant field required.
To apply for this position, please submit the following (applications not including all of the below will not be considered) by latest the 30/04/2018
1. A one page Cover Letter, detailing experience that is relevant to the position ; AND
2. A CV/resume and/or a Portfolio including relevant experience in activism
To the following address:
Collectif Arc En Ciel
89, Sukky Building
St Jean Road
Or By email: [email protected]
Please specify: « Manager » in the subject line of your email or on the envelope.
👌 Any incomplete application will not be considered.
👌 The CAEC has an anti-discrimination recruitment policy. Only skills, experience and profile of candidates will be taken into account for the analysis of applications
The Management reserves the right not to appoint anyone following this advert