Job Title: Art-Therapist
Job Duration: 1 year – part time
Reports to: Coordinator
Starting Date: ASAP
Collectif Arc-En-Ciel (CAEC), a non-profit NGO fight against homophobia and transphobia is looking for a motivated, dynamic and passionate person for its empowerment program.
* Assist the psychologist and the coordinator in the implementation of the Art Therapy program
* Organize weekly sessions en collaboration with the psychologist and the coordinator
* Accompany the beneficiaries in rebuilding self-identity through the arts
* Sensitize beneficiaries to different knowledge
* Develop the empowerment of the beneficiaries
Activity – Summary :
The project idea comes from the observation about how the LGBTI community deals with stigmatization and discrimination. Several interviews and consultations revealed that they suffer from isolation, depression and anxiety. Then it seemed essential to create a safe environment, which would enable them to cope with those sufferings and to start the healing process.
Art therapy will be conceptualized by the collaboration of an artist and a psychologist, and will benefit from several follow up consultations to line up addressed issues. The framework that will be established will delineate a space-time, which will allow participants to unleash their creativity in order to discover a different way of expression.
Job description – Summary :
* Setting up the activity in collaboration with the beneficiaries, psychologist and coordinator
* Assist the psychologist in empowering participants
* Ensure the Follow up of the evolution of the beneficiaries and their work
* Organize a presentation event of the work of the beneficiaries
General Objective : Improved personal and social living conditions and positive family and professional relationships for LGBTI volunteers, socially excluded, vulnerable or in need of support for their personal fulfillment by Empowerment.
Obj – Short term : Break the loneliness
Obj – Middle Term : Constructing and reconstructing identity of LGBT persons
Obj – Long Term : Empowerment of LGBT community
Qualifications and Requirements :
● At least 2 years of Art Therapy experience / Art Awareness / Public vulnerable
● Simple and Creative Approach
● Dynamic, pro-active, positive person
● Strong pedagogy
● Strong commitment to Humans Rights
● Knowledge of Homosexuality & Transidentity Specificities
● Fluent in French and Creole.
To apply for this position, please submit the following (applications not including all of the below will not be considered) by latest the 8th July 2016 :
1. A one page Cover Letter, detailing experience that is relevant to the position; AND
2. A CV/resume/Portfolio
To the following address:
Please specify: « Application_EMP_Art_ your name » in the subject line of your email or on the envelope.
NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted