Job Title: Administrative & Accounting Officer (Part Time : 20h/week)
Job Duration: 6 months (renewable)
Reports to: Manager
Starting Date: June 2017
Collectif Arc-En-Ciel (CAEC), a non-profit NGO fight against homophobia and discrimination based on sexual orientation is looking for a motivated and dynamic person for the management of all its administrative, accounting and finance duties.
In order to ensure the financial transparency and the day-to-day administrative and finance running of the organisation, the administrative & accounting officer will be required to assist the Manager in the duties describe below:
Job Description :
- Receive and record invoices
- Manage and arrange all payments,
- Manage cash flow, banking lodgments, transfers
- Prepare regular reports and summaries of accounting activities as per request
- Prepare reconciliation of accounts (including income and expenditure) & financial statements
- Liaise with auditors and preparation of AGM
- Ensure procurement of services & materials as well as purchasing activities as per procedures.
- Ensure that the cash book and petty cash are updated on daily basis.
- Budget Forecast
- Liaise with other NGO partners and donors for financial aspects
- Liaise with signatories for payment
- Maintain an accurate filling system for all financial documents.
- Attending phone calls and visits
- Manage all correspondence (both incoming & outgoing), documents and photocopies
- Ensure accurate records keeping through filing, notation & circulation
- Operate and ensure adequate handling and maintenance of CAEC equipments and assets in collaboration with the Monitoring, Evaluation & Admin Officer.
- Manage social functions of the organisation
- Maintain an effective filing system for all Administrative & financial documents
- Responsible for Fuel tracking and log book analysis
- Stock management (stationeries, materials and equipments)
- Keeping track of local leaves/sick leaves of CAEC employees
- Coordinating welfare and training activities
- Maintaining and update employee files and HR databases
- Manage & prepare wages, salaries & allocations and any other financial duties related to CAEC projects.
- Liaise with MRA, NPF and HRDC
- Support CAEC team as required in implementing any other programs.
- Support and partake in all CAEC general activities Perform tasks as directed by the Manager
- Any other cognate duties as directed by the Manager
Qualifications and Requirements :
- Diploma in Administration / Secretarial Studies / Accounts
- Minimum of two years experience in similar position or Self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently
- Ability to prepare salary
- Analytical and confidentiality skills
- Effective in working in a team, as well as individually and possess good communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and work under pressure
- Competent in MS Office (minimum intermediate level in Excel)
- Payroll administrative and procedures experience
- Knowledge in LGBTI Issues, HIV/AIDS would be a definite advantage.
- Interpersonal, organising and written/verbal communication skills
- Fluent in French, and English, written and spoken
- Driving licence (Motorcycle and/or Private Car)
To apply for this position, please submit the following (applications not including all of the below will not be considered) by latest the 4th June 2017 :
1. A one page Cover Letter, detailing experience that is relevant to the position; AND
2. A CV/resume.
To the following address:
Please specify: « Application_ME Officer_ your name » in the subject line of your email or on the envelope.
NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted